BY-LAWS OF TRIPOLI VEGAS
24th Prefecture Of
THE TRIPOLI ROCKETRY ASSOCIATION, INC.
Tripoli Vegas is a Not-For-Profit Hobby and Sport Organization
- The purpose of Tripoli Vegas shall be to promote Advanced High Power Rocketry as a hobby and sport through the uniting of like-minded individuals.
- To organize and operate rocket launches whereby all members of the organization may legally pursue the hobby and sport of Advanced High Power Rocketry.
- To train all members in safety, legal activates and technologies relating to Advanced High Power Rocketry.
- To support and assist The Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. with their programs, goals and purposes that attend to safety, technology and regulation of Advanced high Power Rocketry.
- All voting members of Tripoli Vegas must be a member of The Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc.
- Membership with full privileges in Tripoli Vegas shall be open to any and all serious minded rocket enthusiasts, 18 years of age or older.
- All members of Tripoli Vegas will conform to and conduct all Class B Rocket Activities in compliance with the Codes, Standards, Safety and Procedures set by The Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. and any higher State and/or Federal agency having jurisdiction.
- A Tripoli Vegas membership may be terminated under any of the following conditions:
- If a Tripoli Vegas member’s membership with Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. has been revoked by the association.
- If a Tripoli Vegas member conducts a gross violation of any Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. safety codes.
- If a Tripoli Vegas member conducts a gross violation of any Tripoli Vegas safety codes.
- If a Tripoli Vegas member has delinquent club dues exceeding the eight (8)week grace period from the date due.
- If a Tripoli Vegas member elects non-participation during Tripoli Vegas Club activities in any of the following areas;
- All Tripoli Vegas members in attendance shall participate in the set-up, tear down, and range duties at all Tripoli Vegas Invitational Launches. The only exception is the Club President, whose duties shall be limited to control and administration of the Invitational Launch.
- All Tripoli Vegas members in attendance shall participate in set-up, teardown, and range duties at all Tripoli Vegas monthly launches.
(A Tripoli Vegas member may be excused from participation in any club activities by pre-arrangement and approval of the Club President.)
- Tripoli Vegas membership Termination Process:
- A Tripoli Vegas Club Officer must give the member a verbal reminder of club obligations, or a verbal warning of a specific safety code violation.
- The Tripoli Vegas Club President must provide a written notice to the member stating all specific details of the violation of the Tripoli Vegas Club By-Laws or safety codes.
- A Tripoli Vegas Club Officer may present a proposal of membership termination at a regular club meeting. This proposal will be open to discussion by all members in attendance.
- A membership termination vote may be conducted at a regular club meeting. A two-thirds (2/3) negative vote of members present shall constitute revocation of the members Tripoli Vegas membership and loss of privileges.
- Tripoli Vegas membership reinstatement may be requested by a terminated member and shall be considered in the following manner:
- A period of one (1) year from date of termination must precede the terminated members reinstatement request.
- The terminated members reinstatement request may be made to any Tripoli Vegas Club Officer.
- Tripoli Vegas Club Officers will review the reinstatement request.
- A Tripoli Vegas Club Officer may present a proposal of reinstatement to the membership at a regular club meeting. This proposal will be open to discussion by all members in attendance.
- A membership reinstatement vote may be conducted at a regular club meeting. A two-thirds (2/3) positive vote of the members present shall constitute reinstatement of Tripoli Vegas membership with full privileges.
- DUES and FEES
- All Persons joining Tripoli Vegas shall pay the organizations annual dues, A members delinquent dues must be paid within eight (8) weeks of delinquency.
- All persons joining Tripoli Vegas shall join The Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. and pay the appropriate membership fees.
- All Tripoli Vegas members in good standing are entitled to a waiver of launch fees at all Tripoli Vegas sponsored launches.
- MEETINGS and LAUNCHES
- Tripoli Vegas business meetings shall be held on the third Thursday of each month at 7 PM. The location shall be announced at the previous meeting and/or published in the Tripoli Vegas monthly newsletter.
- A two-thirds (2/3) vote of members present shall constitute a quorum at all business meetings.
- Special meetings may be called by the President and accommodate as many members as possible.
- Membership voting regarding Tripoli Vegas By-Laws or operations, may not take place at a special meeting.
- Tripoli Vegas rocket launches shall be conducted under complete compliance with all higher authorities having jurisdiction.
- Members will be required to participate with any and all operations of said launches, as needed.
- Tripoli Vegas offices shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary Treasurer, Membership Coordinator and Prefect. Any member may hold more than one office, except the office of President. If the club President is not available to conduct the duties of the office, the Presidents duties shall temporarily move to the next available senior officer.
- At all times the President shall have complete control of all meetings. The President shall be aware of the status of all business related to Tripoli Vegas. The President shall maintain order at all meetings and keep all discussions in line with the current topic on the meeting floor.
- The Vice President shall assume the Presidents seat at all meetings the President is unable to attend. Upon assuming the Presidents seat, the Vice President shall have all powers and responsibilities of the President.
- The Secretary shall keep a record of all business conducted at all meetings and shall provide the minutes of such meetings at the next meeting or have them published in the Tripoli Vegas monthly newsletter.
- The Treasurer shall keep a record and control of all financial matters within Tripoli Vegas and present said record to the members at each business meeting.
- The Membership Coordinator shall maintain the club membership roster and collect the annual club dues. The Membership Coordinator shall maintain a record of all membership expirations and inform members of their expiration. The Membership Coordinator shall provide a list of all new members to the club Secretary. The Membership Coordinator shall collect all monetary funds from club sales, donations and gifts. All said monetary funds and dues shall be presented to the club Treasurer in a timely manner. The Membership Coordinator shall conduct all club mailings and is editor of the club newsletter.
- The Prefect shall interact with the Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc.. The Prefect shall update local members to new or pressing news and/or progress on the national level. The Prefect shall see to the compliance of all national codes and regulations related to Advanced High Power Rocket activities. The Prefect shall administer the proper testing related to certification of Level 1 and Level 2. The Prefect shall forward the results of testing and level certification to Tripoli Rocketry Association.
- ELECTIONS, SERVICE TERMS and TERM LIMITS
- Election of Tripoli Vegas Club officers shall take place once each year during the August regular club meeting.
- An electoral nomination motion may be made by any Tripoli Vegas Club member in good standing.
- The electoral nomination motion must nominate a specific Tripoli Vegas Club member in good standing for a specific Tripoli Vegas club office.
- A Tripoli Vegas Club member in good standing will be elected to the specific office upon the member receiving the maximum number of votes for that office.
- An elected Tripoli Vegas Club officer’s service term will be for a period of one (1) year, Serving from August of the first year, to August of the second year.
- There will be no service term limits for Tripoli Vegas Club elected officers, except for the elected office of Club President. An elected Club President may not serve more than three (3) consecutive elected service terms as Club President.If a Tripoli Vegas Club president has completed three (3) consecutive service terms, the member must wait a period of one (1) year before again becoming eligible for re-election to the office of Club President.
LEGAL ACTION EXCEMPTION to this rule: If the Tripoli Vegas Club is embroiled in an extensive legal action at the end of a Club Presidents third consecutive service term, it may be prudent and in the best interest of the Tripoli Vegas Club to grant the Club President another consecutive service term in order to complete mitigation and/or other important legal business of Tripoli Vegas.
This LEGAL ACTION EXCEMPTION may be authorized by a two thirds (2/3) positive vote of the membership present at the August regular club meeting.
- CHANGES TO BY-LAWS
- The Tripoli Vegas By-Laws may be changed or altered, only at a business meeting announcing such changes and having a quorum present. Any and all items within Tripoli Vegas By-Laws may be changed, except Chapter VIII, DESOLVEMENT.
- Tripoli Vegas will continue to operate as long as there are at least three (3) members of the Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc. interested in its continuance.
- In the event of Desolvement, any and all funds shall be turned over to The Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc.’s Legal Fund and all properties shall become the property of the Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc.
Tripoli Vegas By-Laws Ratification Date: June 21, 2001